by Hadley Creekmuir
Although spring has not sprung in a vast majority of the country, it likely has not derailed your customers from preparing for its grand arrival, as we touched on in the most recent Melrose blog post. Consumers are already geared up to spend – to the tune of about $18.2 billion for Easter, reports the National Retail Federation – making it the perfect time to encourage shoppers to think ahead to spring and summer alfresco dining and entertaining needs.
Today on the blog, we will explore ways to curate a beautiful table for entertaining. A stunning tabletop creation sets the tone of the entire meal, making a lasting impression on your guests. Mix and match fresh flowers with succulents, use candles to add light and elegance, or bold, colorful lanterns to add that pop of color that is trending this spring.
We think these 7 products are sure to catch your customer’s eye. Be sure to engage with your customers as well, offering unique ideas on how to style each one.
1. Pair these bright yellow and green lanterns with rosy colored flowers, vintage cutlery and a white tablecloth piped in a bright scarlet hue.
2. Potted succulents are trendy accents that are also simple and rustic. Use them on a large dining table for a causal outdoor dinner party, with burlap napkins and even a succulent napkin ring.
3. These succulents make a unique place setting. Inscribe the guest’s name with a colorful marker on the container, and place on top of a bright blue natural indigo style napkin. Add a few purple orchids to complement the green and blue tones.
4. Create an-all white summer dining party with succulents potted in white ceramic/ plastic containers. The green of the succulents brings a fresh air to the table. Consider serving only white wine and champagne, a light and airy meal and a monochromatic place setting with white napkins and white and green place cards.
5. Lanterns are a perfect accent to help set the mood for a lovely dining experience. We like how this pair of curved metal and glass lanterns feels soft and inviting. Use bright colored tulips surrounding the base of each lantern to bring a pop of color to the table. And then match the tulip color with colorful stemware or flatware. These lanterns can also be used in a more formal atmosphere, with gold accents, crisp linen napkins and formal stemware.
6. Gather all your friends, neighbors and family around a casual, large farmhouse table for a rustic yet refined dinner party with these fun lanterns placed in the center of the table. Adapt the lanterns as the seasons change, or for different themes. For example, substitute the succulents for shells, sand and starfish for a beach-inspired soiree, or opt for a simple candle to provide a muted ambiance.
7. Nothing says spring quite like butterflies and greenery! This butterfly/ flower bundle would look magical as a tall centerpiece on a beautiful spring table. Place inside a tall glass cylinder, or even a bright aqua or poppy vase to accent the green butterflies. Use layers to add dimension to the table, such as a rattan charger, a floral napkin, and then use twine to hold together the silverware and rim the edges of a casual mason jar as the water glass.